Native American Science, Technology, Engineering & Math Program
Friday, June 20-Tuesday, June 24
Northern Michigan University
Tuesday, June 24-Saturday, June 28
Write On! with Dr. Kia Jane Richmond: Voicethread.com instructions
This summer program for middle school students is sponsored by the Nah Tah Wahsh Public School Academy and is funded by grant from the Society of Manufacturing Engineers. Additional partners include the Great Lakes
Indian Fish and Wildlife Commission and the Center for Native American Studies at Northern Michigan University.
Chi miigwech (great thanks) to all who made this program possible.
- Derek Anderson, NMU School of Education, Leadership and Public Service
- Brittany Burgio, Moosewood Nature Center
- Trisha Bush, NMU Athletics/Recreational Sports
- Aimee Cree Dunn, NMU Center for Native American Studies
- Amber Crothers, Robbie Doepker, Cash Scott, and Jacqueline Wright, NMU Center for Economic Education and Entrepreneurship
- Dave Donovan, NMU Department of Physics
- Christine Garceau, Christine Garceau Photography
- Jose Garcia, NMU Admissions Office
- Daniel Konku, NMU College of Business
- Joe Lubig, NMU School of Education, Leadership and Public Service
- Dave Lucas, NMU Department of Physics
- Tom Meravi, NMU Retired Professor
- Deanna Pozega, NMU Engineering Technology
- Kia Richmond, NMU Department of English
- Scott Stobbelaar, NMU Seaborg Center
- Tony Tollefson, NMU Olympic Education Center
- Darlene Walch, NMU Academic Information Services
A huge thanks to all of the planners, counselors, group leaders and gophers! Thanks also to the NMU Center for Native American Studies staff, the NMU Conference & Catering staff, and the NMU Housing and Residence Life staff.
Special thanks to you, the participants -- willing to give of your time to be here.
Miigwech! Nia:wen! Thank you!!