Army ROTC Scholarships Overview
Are you currently serving in the Army Reserves or National Guard?
The Army ROTC scholarship program provides financial assistance for the education and training of highly qualified and motivated young men and women who desire to be commissioned as officers in the Army after graduation from college. If you have questions about scholarships, call the Enrollment Officer at 906.227.2236.
Scholarships can pay:
- 100% tuition and mandatory fees
- A $1200 per academic year book allowance
- A tax-free stipend based on academic status ($300/month - freshman, $350/month - sophomore, $450/month - junior, $500/month - senior)
Four and three year scholarships are available to high school students. Two and three year scholarships are available to college students.
General eligibility requirements
For an ROTC scholarship, you must generally:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 and 29
- Possess a high school diploma, or equivalent
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have at least a 920 SAT or 19 ACT Score
- Be medically qualified through DODMERB
- Be able to pass the Army Physical Fitness Test
Obligations of scholarship recipients:
A total of 8 years of military service upon college graduation which may be satisfied in any of the following ways:
- Serve 4 years on Active Duty, plus 4 years on Reserve Duty (active Army Reserve or Army National Guard or Inactive Ready Reserve)
- Serve more than 4 years on active duty plus whatever remains of the 8 year obligation on Reserve Forces Duty
- Serve all 8 years on Active Duty
- Serve all 8 years on Reserve Forces Duty (for individuals that receive a Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty scholarship or are assigned to the Army Reserve or Army National Guard when commissioned)
For more information about each scholarship, click on the links on the left side of this page.
Applications are available on-line at the Cadet Command website: www.rotc.usaac.army.mil
They can be broken down into the following categories:
- ROTC Scholarship
- GRFD and Dedicated ARNG Scholarships
- ROTC Non-Scholarship
- ROTC Simultaneous Membership Program