During the summer of 2010 the following exciting and challenging research projects took place across NMU’s campus by McNair scholars:
- Faculty Mentor: Erich Ottem, Ph.D.
- Research Project: The role of brain derived neurotrophic factor in the onset of neuromuscular disease.
- Facutly Mentor: Alec Lindsay, Ph.D.
- Research Project: Avian Recording via Automated Audio Monitoring
- Faculty Mentor: Dale Kapla, Ph.D.
- Research Project: The Constitutionality of Firearm Prohibition on Universities of Higher Education.
- Faculty Mentor: Jackie Bird, DVM, Ph.D.
- Research Project: Prevalence of Echinococcus granulosus in wolves killed in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan over multiple years.
- Faculty Mentor: Robert Goodrich, Ph.D.
- Research Project: Habsburg Immigration to Michigan
- Faculty Mentor: Alex Ruuska, Ph.D.
- Research Project: World Heritage Sites and Tourism in Peru and the United States.
- Faculty Mentor: Timothy Hilton, Ph.D.
- Research Project: Targeting Resources for Paroled Native American on the Reservations
- Faculty Mentor: Jonathan Allen. Ph.D.
- Resarch Project: Tracing the Origins and Significance of Political Leadership
- Faculty Mentor: Debra Morley, MD, Ph.D.
- Research Project: Traumatic Brain Injury Correlation and with headache and other cognitive and psychological variables.
- Faculty Mentor: Leslie Larkin, Ph.D.
- Research Project: 20th Century African American Literature
- Faculty Mentor: Alan Rebertus, Ph.D.
- Research Project: Spruce budworm infestation and woodland caribou activity on the Slate Islands
- Facutly Mentor: Alan Rebertus, Ph.D.
- Research Project: Distributal patterns of arctic disjunt flora in relation to geology, topography, and microclimate on the Slate Islands, Lake Superior
- Faculty Mentor: Mohey Mowafy Ph.D.
- Research Project: Orthorexia
- Eva also worked with Adam Prus, Ph.D. during the summer of 2010 as a research assistant, working in the Psychopharmacology lab on a radial arm maze.