Take a minute to find out what our May 2011 McNair graduates are up to!
May 2011 graduate Nancy Kenok, working as a College Possible coach, during the 2012-2013 academic year.
Paula Fata- Class of 2011- Graduated with honors
- Paula was accepted into the criminology program at Portland State University, where she also received a graduate assistantship. Faula is also interning at a county community justice program as well.
- In October 2011, Paula told the McNair program that she is "more than happy I chose to make the move. The city is great and the program has been great so far. I really like everyone in it and I ended up being one of the two students in our program that received a graduate assistantship, which is a true blessing.”
Hunter Harig- Class of 2011- Graduated with honors
- Hunter was accepted into the Master's of Public Health Program at the University of Iowa, where he received a full fellowship.
- In October 2011, Hunter updated the McNair program and told us his decision to attend Iowa was a good one. "Our cohort of students in the program is really close and we all get along well. The research that I am doing is pretty interesting as well."
Nancy Kenok- Class of 2011
- Nancy was accepted into the City Year program and will be teaching in inner-city Milwaukee during the 2011-2012 academic year.
- During the 2012-2013 academic year, Nancy will be working as a College Possible college coach.
Linda Sirois- Class of 2011- Graduated with honors
- Linda was accepted into the MFA program at Northern Michigan University, where she received full funding for her degree. Linda was also the recipient of the Future Faculty Fellowship at NMU. Future Faculty Fellowships are provided by the State of Michigan with the intent of increasing the number of under-represented students pursuing careers in higher education.
Eva Statler- Class of 2011-Graduated with honors
- Eva took a year off and to gain work experience in her field, working for Teaching Family Homes in Marquette.
- Eva applied for and was accepted into the Psychology master's program for Fall 2012 at Barry University.