The Northern Michigan University McNair Scholars Program strives to provide students with the information and experiences that will make their graduate school transition easier and more rewarding. Throughout their time in the program, students take part in a wide variety of programs, including:
- conducting research after their junior years and maintaining a research logbook;
- providing a five-page research summary update;
- completing a 20- to 30-page paper formatted in the style appropriate to your discipline;
- attending McNair seminars;
- completing GRE training and taking the Graduate Records Examination (GRE);
- completing at least six graduate school applications and visiting regional research graduate schools;
and meeting with a McNair staff member on a monthly basis.