Who is eligible for the McNair Scholars Program? Applicants must be:
- First generation college students (neither parents has earned a four year college degree) and considered low income according to Federal TRIO Program Low Level Income Levels. Also eligible are students who are members of an underrepresented minority group: Native American, African American, Asia Pacific Islander, or Hispanic or Latina/o.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident;
- Currently enrolled full time as an undergraduate at Northern Michigan University;
- Be dedicated to entering a Ph.D. doctoral program;
- Have completed at least 40 credit hours by the end of the fall semester with a 2.75 overall grade point average; and
- Be committed to completing a research internship.
Click here to take the eligibility survey to help find out if you're eligible.
Interested in learning more about the McNair program and eligibility requirements? Take a moment to read over our Frequently Asked Questions or feel free to stop by our office at 145 Whitman Hall.