Are you ready to promote your on-campus event? Make sure you have the following information, and then follow the check-list below.
Before promoting your event, determine:
- Who, what, where and when is your event
- Websites & URL
- Additional Information (Things to bring, registration deadline, etc. )
Get your designs ready to go
- University Marketing and Communications Office
- This service is provided by students and full-time staff in UMC. Turn-around is determined after talking to a full-time staff member from this office and will vary based on deadline, projects in the office, etc. No cost except for printing or advertising costs.
- Promotional Services
- This service is provided through the Center for Student Enrichment. The students in this office can complete orders in 72 hours. Rates can be found at nmu.edu/promotionalservices, which does not include printing.
- Printing usually costs approximately $.50 for 8.5x11 and $1 for 11x17
- When posting, make sure to reference the posting policy and the list of posting places on campus to get them in every spot possible on campus
Request publicity assistance from UMC
- Press releases to local media
- Northern’s official social media, possibly Alumni Association if appropriate
- NMU homepage
- Other possibilities: LCD Screens, Northern Magazine, paid advertising (Marquette Monthly, MQT Mining Journal, North Wind and others)
- Some additional promotions if it hasn’t already been done
Add to the NMU Master Calendar
Add to Student Connect as an announcement or calendar event
Consider these additional options:
- Contact the North Wind to see if they will do a story about your event. Usually they’re looking for story ideas. To do this, contact the North Wind editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reserve table tents in campus dining facilities. To do this, contact CSE at email@example.com or 227-2439.
- Request that your event be promoted on the scoreboard with other public announcements at football or hockey games. Kathy Malay, firstname.lastname@example.org, x2561
- Start a Facebook event
- Chalk for your event. Note that chalkings cannot be within 20 feet of a building entrance. It must be on the sidewalks, no pillars or anything like that. And it must be done in chalk, nothing else.