Pictured from left: Trevor Boudreau, Marquette; Tyson Ferrari, Escanaba; Chad Olson, Iron Mountain; Eric Chaillier, Escanaba; Robert Reid, Crystal Falls; Kirk Mills, Calumet (kneeling); Rayce Maraccini, Kingsford; Brad Chapman, Marquette; Jacob Lauren, Negaunee; James McDonough Jr., Escanaba; Darick Coponen, Houghton; Melina Foley, Ann Arbor. Missing from the photo is Tyler Harju of Laurium.
MARQUETTE, Mich.— The Northern Michigan University Regional Police Academy recently held its graduation ceremony and awarded certificates of completion to 13 recruits. The academy consists of 16 weeks of training, during which recruits are required to complete a curriculum set forth by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES). The curriculum covers such topics as physical fitness training, firearms, precision driving, first aid and CPR, police tactics, defensive tactics, criminal justice, domestic violence, traffic enforcement, criminal law and other law enforcement areas.
For more information on the next academy, call (906) 227-1408 or visit www.nmu.edu/publicsafety.
The following recruits graduated (listed by hometown alphabetical order):
- Melina T. Foley of Ann Arbor, daughter of Timothy and Anne Foley;
- Kirk J. Mills of Calumet, son of Todd and Karen Mills;
- Robert L. Reid of Crystal Falls, son of Laura Reid;
- Eric J. Chaillier of Escanaba, son of John Chaillier and Cammy Baldwin;
- Tyson M. Ferrari of Escanaba, son of Jeff and Ellanie Ferrari;
- James M. McDonough, Jr. of Escanaba, son of James McDonough and Kelly Arnold;
- Darick T. Coponen of Houghton, son of Dan and Sandy Coponen;
- Chad L. Olson of Iron Mountain, son of Chris Backhaus;
- Rayce T. Maraccini of Kingsford, son of Thomas Maraccini and Paula Gazza;
- Tyler P. Harju of Laurium, son of Kevin & Michelle Harju;
- Trevor W. Boudreau of Marquette, son of Andrew Boudreau and Jackie Martin;
- Brad M. Chapman of Marquette, son of Michael and Jeanne Chapman;
- Jacob P. Lauren of Negaunee, son of Arthur and Theresa Lauren;