The 5th Annual U.P. High School Math Challenge
Lake Linden-Hubbell takes home the team trophy!
One hundred eight students on twenty-eight teams from seven Upper Peninsula high schools participated in The Fifth Annual Upper Peninsula High School Math Challenge on Saturday, March 15, 2014, on the campus of Northern Michigan University.
This was the best Math Challenge to date! Of all the student enrichment activities offered by the Mathematics and Computer Science Department, the Math Challenge is certainly the fastest-growing. Many thanks to all the NMU students, faculty and staff who helped with this event!
The seven high schools that participated are:
1. Munising High And Middle School, Munising Public Schools
2. Escanaba Area Public High School, Escanaba Area Public Schools
3. North Dickinson School, North Dickinson County Schools
4. A.D. Johnston Jr/Sr High School, Bessemer Area School District
5. Lake Linden-Hubbell High School, Lake Linden-Hubbell School District
6. Ishpeming High School, Ishpeming Public School District
7. Marquette Senior High School, Marquette Area Public Schools
The top three individual scorers were as follows:
1. Noah Stetson, Ishpeming High School
2. Zach Mazurek, A.D. Johnston Jr/Sr High School
3. Jess Masson, A.D. Johnston Jr/Sr High School
The top three team scorers were as follows:
1. "QT Pi's" - Lake Linden-Hubbell High School
2. "The Radicals" - A.D. Johnston Jr/Sr High School
3. Math Mo's" - Escanaba Area Public High School
Please contact Dr. Andy Poe for more information.