ELI Program Application Process
The English Language Institute (ELI)
Previously ESL Program
The following items must be submitted before admissions decisions can be made on applications.
1. Apply - Complete the ELI (ESL) Application. NMU accepts applications all year round whenever they are sent. Please review our recommended deadlines here.
2. Submit high school/university transcript, which lists courses, semester hours and grades.
3. Write a letter of application (in English). This is part of your ELI application.
4. Provide Certification of Finances. The certification of finances form is provided as part of the application.
5. Copy of your passport - please provide a copy of your passport to make sure we enter your name correctly on your immigration document.
Please send all materials to:
Northern Michigan University
International Programs Office
1401 Presque Isle Avenue
Marquette, MI 49855 USA
Telephone: +1 906-227-2510
Fax: +1 906-227-2533
E-Ship Global - Shipping documents to/from Northern Michigan University
Northern Michigan University Degree-seeking Application
Students intending to enroll in a degree program at NMU in the fall or winter semester must formally apply to the university with a separate application. Please review the university’s undergraduate or graduate international student application procedures.
Proud members of the American Association of Intensive English Programs