Northern Michigan University reviews applications throughout the year. Review recommended deadlines HERE
To apply for an undergraduate degree at Northern Michigan University, you will need to submit the following information:
- Apply to NMU International Student Admission Application
- At the end of the application you will need to submit your application. You will receive an e-mail stating that your submission has been successful. If you do not receive an e-mail, please contact email@example.com and we will check on your application.
- Pay $35 application fee (must be in U.S. funds)
Credential Evaluation Report and Transcripts - Only one credential evaluation is required.
1. Education Credential Evaluators (ECE) This service allows applicants to submit their official educational documents only once--to ECE. NMU would then receive the verified documents from ECE along with the credential evaluation. Select the "course by course report" ($160)
2. World Education Service (WES) Students may elect to order the WES ICAP service. This service allows applicants to submit their official educational documents only once--to WES. NMU would then receive the verified documents from WES along with the credential evaluation. Select the "course by course report with ICAP" ($205)
3. Other approved evaluators may be considered if part of NACES.
- Proof of English language proficiency - Test Scores
- Provide Certification of Finances - $29,331
- SAT/ACT - Only students from the U.S. and Canada are required to submit an SAT or ACT score. Students from all other countries are not required to submit ACT or SAT scores.
E-Ship Global - You can use this service to ship documents to NMU and to request NMU to ship your immigration documents to you.