Northern Michigan University reviews applications throughout the year. Review recommended deadlines HERE
To apply for an undergraduate degree at Northern Michigan University, you will need to submit the following information:
- Complete the International Student Admission Application
- At the end of the application you will need to submit your application. You will receive an e-mail stating that your submission has been successful. If you do not receive an e-mail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will check on your application.
- Pay $35 application fee (must be in U.S. funds)
- Mail Official Transcripts
- In order for your transcripts or examination results to be considered an "official" document they must be sent by the issuing institution in a sealed envelope directly to NMU.
- If the issuing institution (school or examination board) gives you the transcripts or examination results, they must stay in the sealed envelope from the school. Do not open the envelope as the transcript will be considered not official.
- Proof of English language proficiency - Test Scores
- Provide Certification of Finances
- SAT/ACT - Only students from the U.S. and Canada are required to submit an SAT or ACT score. Students from all other countries are not required to submit ACT or SAT scores.
Applicants who have previously earned academic credit at an institution of higher education are considered "Transfer Students." Please see information about Transfer Student admissions.