Supporting Documentation

incometaxreturnFiling Taxes
Supporting Documentation

Below is a list of information that you may need to provide when filing your taxes:

1. Passport

2. Visa

3. I-94 Arrival/Departure Card

4. I-20 (for F1 students)

5. DS 2019 (for J1 students)

6. Bring your Social Security Number (SSN) OR Individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN)

7. W-2 - you will receive a W2 if you worked, and were paid, from NMU.

8. Form 1042-S -This is for students who receive scholarships other than the International Academic Award/Global Ambassadors Scholarship.

9. If you have OPT or CPT (and get paid) and you have Form I-766 or Form I-688B 

10. Any other tax documents you may have received

11. Know the actual number of days you were in the U.S. for 2013, 2014, 2015 (if you have last year's taxes you can get the 2013-14 figures from there)

12. Know your academic adviser’s name and phone number

13. If you have an Employment Authorization Card, please inform the tax officers ahead of time and bring your card in.

14. Know the dates you entered/exited the U.S.A.

15. Bank routing number and account number (or bring in a checking/saving deposit slip. It has all information needed) OR

16. Have an address to where your check can be mailed to approx. 6-8 weeks after filing your taxes.