Curricular Practical Training (CPT) is defined to be alternate work/study, internship, cooperative education, or any other type of required internship or practicum which is offered by sponsoring employers through cooperative agreements with the school.
CPT must be an integral part of an established curriculum and directly related to the student's major area of study.
Documents to be submitted to DSO (Designated School Official):
1. CPT Application - Student will complete top portion of form and then you will need your academic advisor to complete the bottom portion.
2. Letter from the employer stating (on letterhead):
- employers name and address
- number of hours to be worked per week
- exact employment start and end date
- if and what you are going to be paid
3. Call International Education Services at 906-227-2510 to set up an appointment with Angela Maki and bring all required documentation.
A request for authorization for CPT must be made to the DSO. A student may begin CPT training only after receiving his or her I-20 with the DSO endorsement stating CPT is granted.