Official Transcripts

1. Transcripts must be sent directly to Northern Michigan University from your institution(s).

If you are a freshman, we require your high school transcript(s).

If you have attended university, we require your university transcript(s). You are not required to submit high school transcripts.

Graduate Applicants should send transcripts and credential evaluations to

International Programs Office
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave
Marquette, MI 49855 USA

2. Transcripts must be translated into English by a qualified individual.

3. NMU cannot accept faxes, scanned copies, or emailed copies.

We will accept attested, official copies for students who are issued only one official copy of their transcripts. Appropriate seals, stamps, and/or signatures are required to ensure originality.

4. Northern requires students to also submit a credential evaluation in addition to official transcripts.

Note: If at any time we discover that transcripts have been altered, forged, or faked, your admission to our university will be terminated. This is a serious offense with very serious punishments.