Official Transcripts - Undergraduate

1. Transcripts must be sent directly to Northern Michigan University from your institution(s).

If applying as a first-time freshman, and have not earned any previous higher education credit, please send official high school transcript.

If applying for an undergraduate program and have previously earned higher education credit, we do not need your high school transcript.1  Please send official university transcript.  

Transcripts can be sent to:

Admissions Office
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Ave
Marquette, MI 49855 USA

2. Transcripts must be translated into English by a qualified individual.

3. NMU cannot accept faxes, scanned copies, or emailed copies.

Note: If at any time we discover that transcripts have been altered, forged, or faked, your admission to our university will be terminated. This is a serious offense with serious punishments.

Note: We will accept attested, official copies for students who are issued only one official copy of their transcripts. Appropriate seals, stamps, and/or signatures are required to ensure originality.

1If applying for an undergraduate program at NMU and applicant has previously earned credit at a non-U.S. institution of higher education, a credential evaluation is required in addition to your official transcripts.  For more information, see Transfer Student application page.

More Information

Familiarize yourself with our admissions process by visiting the NMU Admissions page.
Contact the International Education Services Office at or call 906-227-2510.