(2012-13 Fall and Winter Semesters)
|Tuition and Fees||Waived|
|Room & Board||$8,404|
|Books & Supplies||$900|
|Health Insurance||$1,240 (mandatory)|
|Personal & Travel||$1,851|
|Total for Academic Year||$12,395|
1. Fill out the Application for Exchange Students
2. Fill out the Information Request Form
3. Provide Certification of Finances in the amount of $12,396 for one academic year (two semesters) or $6,500 for one semester.4. Transcript - Send a transcript to Northern Michigan University.
5. Passport - Provide us with a copy of your passport. This will be used to enter your name on your DS 2019 as it appears in your passport.
6. English Proficiency - Letter stating the your English background and proficiency.
7. Housing Application - Once you are admitted you will be able to apply for a dorm room online and pay the $125 application fee online. If you are 21 years of age or older you can apply to live in an apartment. Please fill in the apartment application and fax it to our Housing office at 906-227-1423. Please inform them if you are sending your $125 deposit by wire transfer or by calling the Student Service Center at 1-906-227-1221 to pay with a credit card.
All information should be sent to the International Programs Office and we will hand deliver it to the appropriate offices.
Additional Information regarding housing, health insurance, orientation and the academic calendar.