Complete the steps below within the UltraTime system no later than Tuesday at 11 a.m. following the payroll period.
- Click on the Exception tab under the UltraView Tab which shows exception codes in the cells where a problem exists, such as missed punches. These exceptions must be addressed and fixed prior to processing.
- Run a Pre-Payroll Error Report which can be found under the Sup-Payroll Tab. Select the last day of the pay period for the Period Ending Date and click on Submit to run the report.
- Run the Time Cards which can be found under the Sup-Payroll Tab with the following criteria:
- Period Select = User Defined Date
- Start Date = First Day of the Pay Period being processed (you may click on the calendar at the right of this field and click on the appropriate date)
- Stop Date = Last Day of the Pay Period being processed (you may click on the calendar at the right of this field and click on the appropriate date
- Click SUBMIT
- Verify the Time Cards for accuracy and fix any problems before proceeding to the next step.
- Run the Payroll Journal which can be found under the Sup-Payroll Tab. Select the proper Period Ending Date and click on Submit.
- Verify the Payroll Journal for accuracy.
- Confirm all hours worked for the pay period via either UltraView or WebTime. Confirming hours may also be done on a daily basis, but it is best to verify that no hours are left unconfirmed for the pay period. Please refer to the Guide for Confirming Hours in UltraTime.
- Lock the pay period in WebTime. Instructions for locking the pay period can also be found in the Guide for Confirming Hours in UltraTime.
- Run the Unconfirmed Hours Report which can be found under the Sup-Payroll Tab. Select the proper Pay Period start date and end dates and click on Submit. Supervisors who review for multiple supervisor codes may find it useful to group the report by supervisor.
- Correct and confirm any punches listed on the Unconfirmed Hours Report. No action is needed if there are no punches listed on the report.
If the Payroll Journal includes staff members (AFSCME and selected TOP members), please fax it to Human Resources at 2334. Payroll Journals that only include student and temporary employees should not be faxed unless there are corrections that need to be made after the Tuesday at 11 a.m. deadline.
At 11 a.m.on payroll processing Tuesday the information collected above will be electronically captured for further payroll processing in Banner.