Electronic Form W-2 Disclosure Statement
- If an employee does not consent to receive an electronic version of Form W-2, he or she will continue to be furnished a Form W-2 on paper. Paper forms will be available for pick-up in Human Resources, or mailed to the employee’s permanent home address in January.
- An employee’s consent to receive Forms W-2 in electronic format only is effective for all future periods until consent is withdrawn or the individual is no longer employed by the University. Employees will be notified when Forms W-2 are available for access on MyNMU by e-mail each January.
- After giving consent, an employee may still request a paper Form W-2 by contacting Human Resources in writing. This may be done via email to: email@example.com or U.S. mail to: Human Resources, Attn: Lindsey Butorac, Northern Michigan University, 1400 Presque Isle Avenue, Marquette, MI 49855. The request for a paper Form W-2 will not terminate consent to receive Forms W-2 issued for future all periods electronically.
- An employee may withdraw his or her consent at anytime by simply unchecking the Electronic Form W-2 Consent box in MyNMU. Consent may also be withdrawn via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or U.S. mail to: Human Resources Attn: Lindsey Butorac, Northern Michigan University, 1400 Presque Isle Avenue, Marquette, MI 49855. The withdrawal of consent does not apply to a Form W-2 that was furnished electronically before the withdrawal of consent is furnished. Upon receipt of the withdrawal, Human Resources will send a written confirmation of the withdrawal via e-mail or U.S. mail.
- The University will not provide the Form W-2 electronically to an individual who has terminated his or her employment with the University. These individuals will receive paper Forms W-2. Only active University employees will have access to the electronic version of Form W-2. If a former employee requires an additional copy of the Form W-2, he or she may follow the aforementioned methods of contacting Human Resources.
- If an employee has consented to receive an electronic version of Form W-2 and has not printed the form prior to termination of employment, he or she should contact Human Resources in order to receive a paper copy via U.S. mail.
- It is the responsibility of the employee to notify Human Resources of any changes to contact information, such as name or address changes. Changes can be made through MyNMU or by contacting Human Resources.
- Employees will be notified of any changes to the Human Resources contact information.
- The Form W-2 may be required to be printed and attached to a federal, state, or local income tax return.
- The hardware and software requirements needed to access and print the Form W-2 electronically include a computer with an Internet connection, web browser, and printer.
- The electronic version of Form W-2 will be available through MyNMU for at least 3 years from its original posting date.
Electronic Form W-2 Information