Family status changes should be reported to Human Resources (227-2470) no later than 30 days after the occurrence of the change. The advantages of timely notification include:
- proper deductions from your paycheck
- not waiting for open enrollment to add a new covered dependent
- preventing you from being responsible for costs incurred after termination of eligibility.
For additional information on a specific status change, please click on the appropriate link below.
- Birth (Adoption)
- **Child No Longer Dependent
- Death of Spouse or Child
- Full-time employment to Part-time employment
- Spouse/Dependent Loss of Coverage Through Their Employer
** Notification must be received no later than 60 days of the event in order for COBRA Continuation of Coverage to be extended to the qualified beneficiary. If notification is received later than 60 days from the event, the qualified benficiary(ies) will be provided with a COBRA Notice of Unavailability.