Tax-Deferred Annuity Retirement Plan - 403(b)

This plan is often referred to as a Supplemental Retirement Annuity (SRA) because it is offered "in addition" to the NMU Retirement Plan.  It was established as a way for you to save even more for retirement.  The University does not contribute to the supplemental retirement account; however, your contributions may be made either pre-tax or post-tax (Roth) via payroll deduction.  Note:  The Roth option is available only available with TIAA-CREF. 


This is a voluntary plan and all contributions are made by the employee.  You should also know about your right to participate in the Tax Deferred Annuity Plan.


If eligible, you can enroll in a 403(b) plan with any one or more of the approved vendors.


Set up contributions

A Salary Reduction Agreement (SRA) must be filled out upon enrollment and for any increases or decreases in your contribution to the Plan.  You can start, stop, or change your contribution at anytime by completing another SRA form.  Changes are effective the next available pay period. Please contact the Human Resources Department (x2470) and we will provide you with the appropriate SRA based on your employee classification and date of hire. 


Change allocations between funds:

Contact the Vendor directly online or by phone to obtain the proper form.


Update/change address/ beneficiaries:

Contact the Vendor directly online or by phone to obtain the proper form(s).