Be sure to notify the Human Resources office (227-2470) as soon as you are able but no longer than 30 days from the date of death.
Things to consider:
- Provide death certificates where required.
- Remove spouse or dependent from medical, dental and/or vision coverage.
- If previously covered by your spouse, enroll in your own coverages, if eligible.
- Make necessary changes to life insurance coverage.
- Change beneficiary information on life, retirement, and other applicable documents.
- Tax exemption changes
- Change contributions to:
- Tax-deferred annuity
- Flexible Spending Account (if enrolled)
- Dependent Care Spending Account (if enrolled)