Northern Michigan University has partnered with The Hartford to provide group term life insurance to employees (20 hours or more per week) and retirees.
- Employee Life Insurance
- Benefit Guide (The Hartford)
- Group Life Insurance Enrollment/Beneficiary Form
- Business Travel Accident (BTA) Insurance
- 2014 Annual Legislative Notice
Life Conversations: Additional services for you
There are some life conversations that no one wants to have - especially when it involves planning for financial matters, insurance needs, making end-of-life decisions or planning for the loss of a loved one.
As part of your life insurance plan with The Hartford, you have access to their Life Conversations suite of additional services, designed to help you and your loved ones make more informed decisions. Services include:
- Funeral Planning and Concierge Services: Provide a suite of online tools to guide you through key decisions before a loss, including help comparing funeral-related costs. After a loss, this service includes family advocacy and professional negotiation of funeral prices with local providers—often resulting in significant financial savings
- EstateGuidance: Will Services help you protect your family’s future by creating a will online—backed by online support from licensed attorneys.
- Beneficiary Counseling Services: Offer compassionate expertise to help you or your beneficiaries (those you name in your policy) cope with emotional, financial and legal issues that arise after a loss. Includes unlimited phone contact with a counselor, attorney or financial planner for up to a year, and five face-to-face sessions.
- Travel Assistance Services & ID Theft Protection and Assistance Services: Services include pre-trip information that helps you feel safe and secure while traveling. You can also get access to medical professionals across the globe for medical assistance when traveling 100+ miles away from home for 90 days or less when unexpected detours arise. Another important service is ID theft protection, available 24/7 whether home or away. Protection is provided two ways: educational materials to help prevent identity theft, and access to caseworkers who can help you resolve problems that result from identity theft.
You also have the option to purchase advanced and comprehensive identity theft protection called Identity Secure.