These resources can be used as a refresher for supervisors who manage any non-exempt employees.
- Receive compensatory time or overtime pay at time and a half for any approved hours worked in excess of 40 hours per workweek.
- Are required to gain prior approval for overtime hours.
- Ensure that non-exempt employees record their time for all hours worked.
- Be mindful of hours worked before or after normal working hours, and while traveling.
- Be familiar with applicable union contracts or the non-represented employee handbook for information on compensatory time and overtime in order to assist your employees.
If you have further questions and would like to speak with someone in Human Resources, please contact one of the following members:
Non-exempt TOP, AP, and Non-Represented employees will continue using WebTime. Approved hours over 40 in a workweek need to be recorded as Comp Time Earned or as Overtime, based on your discussions with each of your employees. Ensure total hours for the workweek are over 40 before hours are input into to the system.
Employees have been instructed on how to input hours into their timesheets. Please note the following:
Comp Time Earned: Manual calculation is necessary for inputting compensatory time. Example: An employee who worked 42 hours in a workweek will input 3 hours into Comp Time Earned (2 hours overtime x 1.5 earning rate = 3 hours earned).
Overtime: Pay rate is properly calculated at 1.5 times the employee’s base rate within the payroll system. Example: An employee who decided to opt for overtime pay, worked 42 hours in a workweek. That employee would input 2 hours into Overtime.