Injury Evaluation and Care Clinic
Our primary purpose is to provide the university community with a health care opportunity that specializes in the evaluation and primary treatment of sport and physical activity related injuries. Walk-in appointments are welcome.
The clinic is located at room 226 of the Physical Education Instructional Facility (PEIF), which is found between the Superior Dome and the Berry Events Center at the corner of Fair and Presque Isle Avenues. Phone: (906) 227-2174
Winter 2013 Schedule:
Monday-Friday 1:00 to 5:00 p.m., January 14 - April 26, 2013 (Closed March 4-8, 2013, Midsemester Recess)
- Full-time Students: Free with current, valid NMU ID.
- NMU full-time faculty, staff, and family members: The cost is covered under the university health care plan; a $25 fee per visit charged to insurance. There is no out of pocket expense to the participant. A valid NMU identification card is required by the person receiving care or with the family member accompanying the care recipient.
- NMU Adjunct Instructors: $25 cash or check per visit.
- NMU Alumni Association Members: $25 cash or check per visit.
- Local youth athletic program participants: $25 cash or check per visit.
What We Treat
- Just about anything that is musculoskeletal in nature
What We Don't Treat
- Surgical complications
- Long-term rehabilitation
- Chronic disease and illness
- Primary injury treatment
- Home exercise care plans
- Athletic taping and bracing
- Information on physician care and outpatient physical rehabilitation services related to sport injury effective for presenting to primary care physician upon referral.
- Julie Rochester, Ed.D., ATC (Athletic Trainer, Certified) Associate Professor, NMU-HPER Director of Athletic Training
- Richard Vermeulen, MD P.C. Board Certified American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation