Injury Evaluation and Care Clinic
Our primary purpose is to provide the university community with a health care opportunity that specializes in the evaluation and primary treatment of sport and physical activity related injuries. Walk-in appointments are welcome.
The clinic is located in room 226 of the Physical Education Instructional Facility (PEIF), which is found between the Superior Dome and the Berry Events Center at the corner of Fair and Presque Isle Avenues. Phone: (906) 227-2174
Winter 2014 Schedule:
Monday, January 13 through Friday, April 25, 2014*
Hours of Operation:
Monday & Wednesday: 10:30 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 10:30 am - - 6:00 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 9:30 am - noon
To request an appointment email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 227-2174. Walk-ins also welcome.
*Clinic is closed when classes not in session due to cancellations or scheduled academic breaks.
The clinic will be closed:
Monday-Friday, March 3-7, 2014, NMU Spring Break
Wednesday-Friday, March 12-14, 2014, Attending Athletic Training Conference
- Full-time Students: Free with current, valid NMU ID.
- NMU full-time faculty, staff, and family members: The cost is covered under the university health care plan; a $25 fee per visit charged to insurance. There is no out of pocket expense to the participant. A valid NMU identification card is required by the person receiving care or with the family member accompanying the care recipient.
- NMU Adjunct Instructors: $25 cash or check per visit.
- NMU Alumni Association Members: $25 cash or check per visit.
- Local youth athletic program participants: $25 cash or check per visit.
What We Treat
- Just about anything that is musculoskeletal in nature
What We Don't Treat
- Surgical complications
- Long-term rehabilitation
- Chronic disease and illness
- Primary injury treatment
- Home exercise care plans
- Athletic taping and bracing
- Information on physician care and outpatient physical rehabilitation services related to sport injury effective for presenting to primary care physician upon referral.
- Julie Rochester, Ed.D., ATC (Athletic Trainer, Certified) Associate Professor, NMU-School of Health and Human Performance, Director of Athletic Training
- Dr. David Luoma, M.D.