What to bring to NMU
Some items you may not want to leave home without!
- Favorite pictures and memorabilia
- Posters and poster putty
- Alarm Clock
- Stereo or radio (with headphones!)
- TV (cable connections are available in your room)
- Telephone and answering machine
- Fish (the only permitted pet.)
- Mini refrigerator
Bedding: sheets, blankets, and pillow.
- Beds in Magers, Meyland, Hunt and Van Antwerp are 72" long and may require extra long sheets. All other beds are standard twin size beds.
- Personal bathroom items: towels, wash cloths, soap, shampoo, tooth paste, tooth brush, razors, hair dryers, etc.
- Laundry bag and detergent
- Plates and cups
- School supplies: calculator, dictionary, paper, pens, pencils, tape, scissors, stamps, and backpack.
What NOT to bring
- Hot Plates
- Fuel canisters
- George Foreman Grills
- Air Conditioners
- Clip on Lamps
- Full size refrigerators
- Candles and Incense
- Alcohol and Drugs
Dangerous Materials/Chemicals and Open Flames
- Such as Coleman stoves, gasoline,
- Examples of projectile weapons include, but are not limited to: cross bows, airsoft guns, paintball guns, sling shots, all firearms and bb guns.
- Weapons used for recreational purposes may be registered and stored in the Public Safety and Police Services Office storage facility if they are transported directly from the Public Safety and Police Services Office storage facility to points outside the campus and field station of Northern Michigan University, and are transported from such points directly back to the Public Safety and Police Services Office storage facility.