Northern Michigan University houses more than 650 members of the campus community in its well-maintained apartments and townhouses. The on-campus apartments feature one, two, three, and four-bedroom units.
Northern Michigan University provides apartment housing for:
- Single students who are at least 21 years old, have lived in a university or college residence hall for at least 4 semesters or have earned at least 56 credit hours.
- Married or single parent students who are enrolled in at least 8 credit hours per semester (or a total of 24 credits per year).
- Single graduate students who are enrolled in at least 6 credits per semester (or a total of 16 credits per year).
- Faculty and staff employed full-time at the university (when space permits).
Other Important Information
- Smoke Free: Effective August 16, 2008, all on-campus apartments and apartment common areas (e.g., foyers, stairwells, laundry rooms, etc.) will be entirely smoke free. When smoking, tenants, their family members, guests, and/or others must stay at least 30 feet away from the buildings, dispose of their litter properly, and be courteous at all times.