- Single students who are at least 21 years old, have lived in a university or college residence hall for at least 4 semesters, or have earned at least 56 credit hours.
- Married or single parent students who are enrolled in at least 8 credit hours per semester (or a total of 24 credits per year).
- Single graduate students who are enrolled in at least 6 credits per semester (or a total of 16 credits per year).
Eligible single students, students with families, and faculty and staff members can apply for on-campus apartment housing at any time. Assignments are made on an on-going basis as apartments become available. Assignment priorities are:
1) Students with families who submit their application prior to July 1
2) Two single students applying for an apartment together regardless of gender identity.
3) A single student applying for a two-person apartment without a specific roommate request
4) A single student applying for a one-person apartment.
New assignments will be based on this priority, the move-in date indicated on the application (earlier move-in dates will be assigned first), and the date the application is received in the Housing and Residence Life Office (first-come, first-served). An applicant’s position on the pre-assignment list may change as assignments are made, applications are received and applicants remove themselves from the list.
Apartment occupancy is permitted by the tenant, his or her spouse, and their dependents provided they are included on the lease. Requests for exceptions to this requirement should be made in writing to the director of Housing and Residence Life.
Use of the apartment is as a residence only and must not involve any business or other activity conducted for profit. Non-commercial babysitting is permitted.