Competition, pride, and identity are three ways to describe Spalding Hall. Spalding residents are known for both their Wildcat Spirit and Spalding Spirit. Residents proudly wear their blue and orange colors of Spalding to represent their pride during hall events. Spalding also houses many student athletes who are very involved in their community and are strongly supported by the hall. Spalding’s competitive nature is prevalent in hall competitions and intramural sports. Spalding Hall’s goal is to build a family oriented community for residents that promotes social development and student involvement. Spalding Hall houses one all female house and five co-ed house, with one designated as a “study house”. Spalding is building number 66 on the campus map.
NOTE: Due to the type of furniture in Spalding Hall rooms, lofts are not permitted. Loft kits manufactured to fit the beds are available for rent.
Spalding Hall Staff
Resident Director – Brent Larsen
Brent is from Green Bay, WI and graduated from NMU with a degree in Criminal Justice and a minor in Communication Studies. Before coming to NMU, he studied at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College where he earned an associates degree in Criminal Justice Law Enforcement with a certificate in Psychology. While attending NMU, Brent was a resident of Spooner Hall and a resident adviser in Van Antwerp Hall. In his free time, he enjoys sports, traveling, and spending time outside, utilizing all that Marquette has to offer. While being the resident director of Spalding Hall, Brent hopes to pursue a Master's degree in Student Affairs.
|Monday||10 a.m. - noon|
|Tuesday:||1 p.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Wednesday||11 a.m. - 1 p.m.|
|Thursday||1 p.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Friday||Noon - 2 p.m.|
Gant/Spalding Front Desk: 227-2015
Building and Grounds Attendant - Mike Billings
Resident Adviser Staff
|Robert Villabol||The Galleryemail@example.com|
|Emily Hunt||House of Wondersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Emily Stulz||Malibu Houseemail@example.com|
|Courtney Case||The Breakfast Clubfirstname.lastname@example.org|
2013 - 2014 Spalding Hall Staff
Spalding Hall Traditions
Opened in 1965, Spalding Hall was named after Grace Spalding who was Head of NMU’s Art Department for many years.
- Marshmallow Assassination
- Spalding Soiree
- Gant/Spalding BBQ
- Open Mic Nights each year
- Super Bowl Party
- Christmas Party
- UP 200 Volunteering
- Make a Difference Day Volunteering
- Spalding Hall was the last all-female hall. In 1994, it became a co-ed residence hall.
- Spalding Hall won the 2006 Spirit Competition at the All-Student Rally. It was also the residence hall Homecoming champion.
- Spalding Hall has a formal every winter semester.
- Spalding Hall is the only residence hall on-campus with their own colors (blue and orange).
- Spalding Hall has it's own mascot; the Spalding Squirrel (no, it does not live in the hall).
- In 2004-2005, Breakfast Club received the highly-competitive House of the Year Award from Housing and Residence Life. House of Wonders won for the following 2005-2006 year.