Magers Hall Government
Magers Hall Staff
Chad Allard is originally from Skandia, Michigan. He graduated from NMU in 2013 with an undergraduate degree in English Writing. Whilst in his undergrad, Chad was a Resident Adviser in Hunt Hall. Chad enjoys playing video games, reading, and watching hockey.
|Monday||9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.|
2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
|Wednesday||1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
|Friday||1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
Magers/Meyland Front Desk: (906) 227-2078
Building and Grounds Attendant - Mike Mattson
Resident Adviser Staff
|McKensey Gariepy||Odyssey||(906) email@example.com|
|Rachel Marchany||Inferno||(906) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|John Yezbak||Neverland||(906) email@example.com|
|Amy Abel||Sleepy Hollow||(906) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Eli Jablonski||Treasure Island||(906) email@example.com|
|Andrew Olson||Narnia||(906) firstname.lastname@example.org|
2016 - 2017 Magers Hall Staff
Magers Hall Traditions
Magers Hall opened in 1966 and is named after Mildred Magers, an NMU French professor who was known for her love of teaching and helping students.
- Campus-wide Halloween Party
- Magers was the first hall to be renovated in a housing renovation project that began in 2005.
- The houses in Magers are named after literary works.
- In fall 2006, a bull moose ran into the window of the first floor laundry room, breaking two panes of glass before running into the woods.
- Magers Hall was the last hall to have a “House Mother,” Mrs. Marion MacLean. Her son is currently on the NMU alumni board.
- The women of Magers Hall in the 1970’s were the “Winfester” champions in broomball and snow sculptures.
Summer 2009: Magers/Meyland Hall Lobby Renovation photos.