Our primary purpose is to provide the community with a health care opportunity that specializes in the evaluation and primary treatment of sport and physical activity related injuries. To schedule appointment, call 227-2174 or email email@example.com. Walk-in appointments also welcome.
View us on Facebook.
The clinic is located in suite 226 of the Physical Education Instructional Facility (PEIF), which is found between the Superior Dome and the Berry Events Center at the corner of Fair and Presque Isle Avenues.
Phone: (906) 227-2174.
Fall 2018 Schedule:
August 27 through December 8, 2018*
Mondays: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesdays: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursdays: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Fridays: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
*Closed Monday, September 3, Labor Day Observance
*Closed Monday through Friday, November 19-23, 2018, Thanksgiving recess.
The clinic is closed when classes are not in session due to cancellations or scheduled academic breaks.
Appointments strongly encouraged. To request an appointment email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 227-2174. Walk-ins also welcome.
- Full-time Students: $10 for initial visit, $5 for returning visit. Must have current, valid NMU ID.
- NMU full-time faculty, staff, and family members: The cost is covered under the university health care plan; a $25 fee per visit charged to insurance. There is no out of pocket expense to the participant. A valid NMU identification card is required by the person receiving care or with the family member accompanying the care recipient.
- NMU Adjunct Instructors: $25 cash or check per visit.
- NMU Alumni Association Members: $25 cash or check per visit.
- Local youth athletic program participants: $25 cash or check per visit.
What We Treat
- Just about anything that is musculoskeletal in nature
What We Don't Treat
- Surgical complications
- Long-term rehabilitation
- Chronic disease and illness
- Primary injury treatment
- Home exercise care plans
- Athletic taping and bracing
- Information on physician care and outpatient physical rehabilitation services related to sport injury effective for presenting to primary care physician upon referral.
- Clinic Manager - Alexis Schaefer, MS, LAT, ATC
- Clinic Supervisor - Julie Rochester, Ed.D., ATC, (Athletic Trainer Certified) Associate Professor
- Dr. David Luoma, M.D.
- NMU Student Health Center