Current Graduate Assistantship Positions Available
When known, Graduate Student Worker positions will also be posted. Also see Career Services for additional employment opportunities.
Note that the acceptance of a graduate assistantship makes you ineligible for most other NMU positions during your contracted dates.
To be considered for a graduate assistantship position, you must:
1) be admitted to a master's level program WITHOUT any conditions (graduate certificate and non-degree seeking students are not eligible for these positions).
2) have a 3.0 GPA or higher in all graduate level coursework
3) complete the graduate assistantship application and send (via mail or e-mail) to the Office of Graduate Education and Research
4) provide three letters of recommendation to the Office of Graduate Education and Research. (NOTE: If your letters of recommendation are already on file in the graduate office, please ask for them to be forwarded to the department where you are applying.)
5) follow any additional application instructions specified by the department
6) provide materials relevant to employment experience (such as resume, CV, etc.)
NOTE: Students are restricted to a maximum of two years as a graduate assistant unless specified by the department due to length of the degree.
Fall 2015 positions
Business - W.L. Cisler College of Business
Graduate Assistantship Application Deadline: Until filled
Fall 2015 positions: 2
Contact Information: Jody Lindberg, firstname.lastname@example.org, (906) 227-1894
Additional Items Needed: See posting information for instructions
Communication and Performance Studies (CAPS)
Application Deadline: Until filled
Fall 2015 positions: 1
Contact Information: Ansley Valentine, email@example.com, (906) 227-2045
Position Description: Artistic Intern-Will receive intensive experience in theatre operation and will work in the costume shop for the 2014-15 school year.
Additional Items Needed: Resume and cover letter. Must have theater experience. Experience in costuming is helpful.