When known, Graduate Student Worker positions will also be posted. Also see Career Services for assistantship and other employment opportunities.
Note that the acceptance of a graduate assistantship makes you ineligible for most other NMU positions during your contracted dates.
To be considered for a graduate assistantship position, you must follow the instructions of the department's posting. Each department will have different requirements.
1) be admitted to a master's level program WITHOUT any conditions (graduate certificate and non-degree seeking students are not eligible for these positions).
2) have a 3.0 GPA or higher in all graduate level coursework
3) follow any additional application instructions specified by the department
4) provide materials relevant to employment experience (such as resume, CV, etc.)
The department MAY require that you also provide these items:
1) complete the graduate assistantship application and send (via mail or e-mail) to the Office of Graduate Education and Research
2) provide three letters of recommendation to the Office of Graduate Education and Research. (NOTE: If your letters of recommendation are already on file in the graduate office, please ask for them to be forwarded to the department where you are applying.)
NOTE: Students are restricted to a maximum of two years as a graduate assistant unless specified by the department due to length of their degree program.
Graduate Assistantship positions
Please check with your department for open positions and application procedures.
Also see Career Services for assistantship positions and other employment opportunities.
Open positions for 2017-2018 Academic Year:
Multicultural Education and Resource Center
Application Deadline: April 28, 2017
Visit CatTracks for application instructions
Call the MERC office at 906-227-1554 for more information.