To be considered for a graduate assistantship position, you must follow the instructions of the department's posting in addition to meeting the conditions listed below.
1) be admitted to a master's level program without any conditions (graduate certificate and non-degree seeking students are not eligible for these positions)
2) have a 3.0 GPA or higher in all graduate-level coursework
3) follow any additional application instructions specified by the department
4) provide materials relevant to employment experience (such as resume, CV, etc.)
The department may require that you also provide these items:
1) complete the graduate assistantship application
2) provide three letters of recommendation (If your letters of recommendation are already on file in the graduate office, please ask for them to be forwarded to the department where you are applying.)
NOTE: Students are restricted to a maximum of two years as a graduate assistant unless specified by the department due to length of degree program.
Graduate Assistantship Positions
This list is not definitive. Please check with your department for open positions and application procedures. If you are interested in non-teaching assistantships, email the graduate education office for a list of departments who have hired research and administrative GAs in the past.
Graduate Student Worker positions (which are not teaching assistantships) will also be posted when available. See Career Services also for assistantships other employment opportunities. Note that the acceptance of a graduate assistantship makes you ineligible for most other NMU positions during your contracted dates.
Open Graduate Assistant Positions for 2018-2019 Academic Year:
First Year Experience Coordinator: Academic and Career Advisement Center
Application Deadline: March 30, 2018
Employee Wellness Coordinator
Email applications to Barb Coleman at email@example.com
Application deadline: July 1, 2018