When known, Graduate Student Worker positions will also be posted. Also see Career Services for additional employment opportunities.
Note that the acceptance of a graduate assistantship makes you ineligible for most other NMU positions during your contracted dates.
To be considered for a graduate assistantship position, you must:
1) be admitted to a master's level program WITHOUT any conditions (graduate certificate and non-degree seeking students are not eligible for these positions).
2) have a 3.0 GPA or higher in all graduate level coursework
3) complete the graduate assistantship application and send (via mail or e-mail) to the Office of Graduate Education and Research
4) provide three letters of recommendation to the Office of Graduate Education and Research. (NOTE: If your letters of recommendation are already on file in the graduate office, please ask for them to be forwarded to the department where you are applying.)
5) follow any additional application instructions specified by the department
6) provide materials relevant to employment experience (such as resume, CV, etc.)
NOTE: Students are restricted to a maximum of two years as a graduate assistant unless specified by the department due to length of the degree.
Graduate Assistantship positions
No positions are currently available. Please check back again.