Northern Michigan University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1411
Phone: 312-263-0456; 800-621-7440
All education programs are accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council.
The nursing program is fully approved by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulation, State Board of Nursing and is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Other accreditations include:
- American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- American Chemical Society
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Professionals
- Council on Academic Accreditation of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Council on Social Work Education
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- National Association of Industrial Technology
- National Association of Schools of Music
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.