3117 New Science Facility
Began teaching at NMU in 2013
- B.S., The University of Western Ontario
- M.S., Indiana University
- Ph.D., Indiana University
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Climate Research Division, Environment Canada
- GC100 Physical Geography
- GC205 Introduction to Geographic Research
- Forest-atmosphere interactions
- Airflow within and above vegetation canopies
- Meteorological/environmental field methods and instrumentation
- Numberical modeling of atmospheric process
- General issues in environmental science and sustainability
- Froelich, N. J., Grimmond, C. S. B., and Schmid, H. P. (2011). Modeling nocturnal cooling below a forest canopy. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 151, 957-968.
- Froelich, N. J. and Schmid, H. P. (2006). Flow divergence and density flows above and below a deciduous forest. Part II: Below-canopy themotopographic flows. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 138, 29-43.
- Froelich, N. J., Schmid, H. P., Grimmond, C. S. B., and Su, H. –B. (2005). Flow divergence and density flows above and below a deciduous forest. Part I: Non-zero mean vertical wind above canopy. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 138, 29-43.