Robert and Carol Gorsuch Presidential Scholarship
Established in 2003 by Robert Gorsuch '67 and his wife, Carol, to provide a scholarship to a qualifying full-time student who has established academic excellence and a pattern of community service.
2015 2016 - $2,500
Yes. The scholarship may be renewed (maximum of 3 years) if student maintains eligibility as specified in the criteria. Students MUST reapply annually and be nominated by respective Selection Committee.
Must have completed their freshman year, or be a transfer student with at least 30 credit hours
Preference, in descending order, will be given to students as follows:
- Newberry High School graduate with major in business or nursing
- Other Upper Peninsula High School graduate with major in business or nursing
- Any student from Newberry High School
- Any student from the Upper Peninsula
- Business or nursing student from Wisconsin
- Any student from Wisconsin
Preference to a business or nursing student.
Must demonstrate involvement in community service projects, volunteer student organizations or service clubs. Demonstrated involvement in community service projects, volunteer student organizations or service clubs.
If you are interested in learning more about how to apply for Donor-funded scholarships go to the NMU Financial Aid website.