Friends of the DeVos Art Museum is a special group of people devoted to the development of programs and activities in the visual arts. The DeVos Art Museum has been providing exhibitions for students and the community for many years.
Now that role is expanding.
The size of the permanent collection has grown dramatically, and the quality of the special exhibitions and educational programming has increased. Friends of the DeVos Art Museum will be challenged to support the arts in a way which will impact cultural life within the community.
Contributions from Friends of the DeVos Art Museum help make possible several major exhibitions each year, participation in the Outreach Program by over 600 students from nine schools, awards presentations to outstanding student artists, visits to the gallery by over 2,000 schoolchildren and art and design alumni exhibitions. There are seven levels of giving, ranging from $15 to $1,000.
Special Events--Friends of the DeVos Art Museum sponsors many special events throughout the year:
- Several major exhibitions each year at the Art Museum
- A sculpture walk outside the Art Museum
- A Docent program which provides bussing and gallery tours to thousands of students each year
- Hands-on art education programs for elementary students
- Awards to outstanding art students
- Receptions and special events at the Art Museum
So, please help us continue to share the visual arts with our community by becoming a Friend--today!Click to join Friends of the DeVos Art Museum now.