Financial Aid Session for Parents
Presented by Christine Larson, Associate Director, NMU Financial Aid, to high school parents in winter 2011.
- Understanding Financial Aid
- Learning about Work Study
- Understanding Loans
- Need Analysis and Cost of Attendance
- Role of the Financial Aid Office
- What is the FAFSA?
- General Requirements to Receive Aid (including Satisfactory Academic Progress)
- Recent Changes to the FAFSA
- Most Common Mistakes in Filling Out the FAFSA
- Important Points About Filling Out the FAFSA
- Summarizing the Process
- Exploring Other Funding Sources
- FERPA Considerations and Other Reminders
- Questions and Answers with Participating Parents