Payment plans available at NMU.
Northern Michigan University offers three options for the payment of tuition and fees and housing charges. Before each semester payment due date, you must choose one of the following payment options to avoid late fee charges.
Pay in full - we accept cash, check or credit card (Master Card, Visa and Discover).
- Learn more at www.nmu.edu/paymentplans.
- Make payments on time to avoid late fees.
- If you cannot make your payments by the due date, contact the NMU Student Service Center (email@example.com, 906-227-1221) to see what options may be available to you.
Easy Pay Plan - which spreads each semester's tuition, fees and housing payments, less applicable financial aid awards, over four monthly installments.
Deferral Payment Plan - for students expecting financial aid, but who have not yet finalized aid awards and other tuition payment methods by the tuition due date.
Where do I go next for more assistance?
If the financial aid you receive does not fully cover your costs, you may want to look for alternative funding options. These might include:
- Foundation scholarships. Applications are available for a limited time beginning in January.
- Parent Plus Loans (FAFSA required)
- Private, alternative student loans (FAFSA recommended)
High school guidance offices and local libraries are good sources of scholarship information. You may also wish to check with local organizations, businesses, churches and your parents' employers to see if scholarships are available. It is best to avoid any scholarship service that requires a fee since they cannot guarantee receipt of a scholarship.
Financial aid paid to your student account.
Provided you have fully completed the financial aid process, your financial aid will be paid to your student account. This process will happen before the start of each semester if all your requirements have been met. Financial aid will be applied towards all authorized outstanding NMU charges before any student overage may be issued.