NMU processes your FAFSA.
It takes Northern Michigan University up to two weeks to receive your FAFSA information from the date you complete the FAFSA.
- You will be considered for financial aid if you have been admitted to a degree-seeking program.
- NMU financial aid staff checks for problems and/or inconsistencies in your FAFSA application information.
You may be selected for the verification process.
Each year the U.S. Department of Education selects a portion of all FAFSA applicants for verification. If selected, you will be asked to provide documentation to the university confirming the information entered on your FAFSA.
- If you are selected for verification, you will be notified in the comment section of your Student Aid Report.
- NMU's financial aid office will contact you to identify documents needed to complete the verification process.
- You can also view outstanding requirements on your MyNMU account under the financial aid link