Financial Aid Pathfinder

Your Progress:

Get your federal PIN.

Go to to apply for your PIN. You will need this personal identification number (PIN) to electronically sign your federal financial aid form (the FAFSA) or make corrections to it. Make sure you save your number as you will need it in the future.

PIN Web site

Complete FAFSA Worksheet.

Go to  Under "Before Beginning a FAFSA", click on "FAFSA on the Web Worksheet" to download, print and complete the worksheet. 

  • Paper copies of the FAFSA on the Web Worksheet are also available in college and university financial aid offices, high school guidance offices and public libraries.

Fill out the FAFSA.

Go to to complete your FAFSA. You will need to include the NMU federal school code, which is 002301.

  • NMU does not have a financial aid application deadline.  We recommend you complete your FAFSA by March 1 to receive maximum consideration for all types of aid.
  • You must fill out a new FAFSA each year for financial aid. The FAFSA application is available after January 1 of the year you plan to attend.
  • If you prefer to complete a paper FAFSA, call FAFSA 1-800-4-FED-AID to request a paper FAFSA to be sent to you.
Filling out your FASFA