Michigan Army and Air National Guard Grant
Michigan Army or Air National Guard members receiving Montgomery GI Bill benefits (Chapter 33, Chapter 30, Chapter 1606 or Chapter 1607) may be eligible for the NMU Michigan Army and Air National Guard Grant.
- Be admitted to a degree granting program
- Michigan resident for one year prior to the 1st of July before the start of the academic year
- A member of the Michigan Army or Air National Guard and receiving Montgomery GI Bill Education Benefits under Chapter 33, Chapter 30, Chapter 1606 or Chapter 1607
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress at NMU
- Not in default on any prior student loans
Amount: Up to 45% of tuition and fees. The total of all tuition assistance programs (including the Guard Grant, Chapter 33-Post 9/11 GI Bill, Army Continuing Education System (ACES), Michigan Competitive, etc.) may not exceed the tuition and fees cost of NMU. Students receiving other tuition and fees sensitive awards will only receive the combined awards up to the total tuition and fees.
Application Deadline: No later than the first day of classes each semester
Application and additional information can be found here.
Completed applications must be faxed to (906) 227-2321 or mailed to the Financial Aid Office by the Unit Representative.