Applying to Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing (deadline of February 1st):
- Application for Graduate Admission (Submit online.)
Upload the following documents into this application (each document should have your name on it):
- MA/MFA English Graduate Program Application Form (writeable PDF)
- Statement of professional purpose addressing your interest in the program, your ability to succeed in graduate school, and (if relevant) your teaching experience
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- A 10-20 page critical essay (can be made up of 2 essays) - please label as "critical essay"
- Either 10 pages of poetry or 20-30 pages of fiction or creative nonfiction - please label as "writing sample"
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation addressing your promise as a writer and your ability or potential as a teacher (emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or snail mailed to English Department, Northern Michigan University, 1401 Presque Isle Avenue, Marquette, MI 49855, directly from recommender. If snail mailed by student, letter should be in a sealed envelope with recommender's signature over flap.)
- Non-refundable $50 application fee (May be paid via online, mail, or telephone)
- Official transcripts from all schools attended, other than Northern Michigan University
****(Independent evaluation of transcripts required for international students.)
- Declaration and certification of finances (international students)
- TOEFL score (international students)
Send application materials to: Office of Graduate Education & Research, Northern Michigan University, 1401 Presque Isle Avenue, Marquette, MI 49855.
If you have any further questions, please contact: