The following information will assist you in preparing for student teaching, student teaching placement, the student teaching evaluations and being aware of the student teaching calendar.
- Student Teaching Placement Information - A website where you go to find information about your student teaching placement. An e-mail will be sent to you whenever changes are made.
- Student Teaching Abroad -- Information on student teaching opportunities in Ecuador, England and New Zealand, as well as with the Department of Defense schools and other non-U.S. possibilities.
- Job Search Information – NMU’s Career Services has a special website area with resources of interest to students looking for employment as teachers.
- Student Teaching Calendars
Student Teacher Evaluations
- Evaluation of the Supervising Teacher
- Michigan Department of Education Survey for Winter 2015 Student Teachers
- Evaluation of the University Supervisor
- Evaluation of NMU Teacher Education Program (ED 420, 423B, and 440) and ED 450 Seminar in Teaching to be completed at the final seminar.
- Student Evaluation of the Student Teacher (optional, for your use)
Go to http://mynmu.nmu.edu, login using your user name and password (those you use for opening your NMU e-mail). Open the "Education" tab to complete the online application.
Click here for a presentation by Mrs. Nancy Carter, Certification Counselor, regarding Michigan teacher certification.
Complete this form during the semester you will be completing your program.
- Student Teaching Pre-Application Process – This presentation explains the requirements and process for applying for student teaching.
- Student Teaching Orientation – This presentation is the orientation to prepare students for their student teaching experiences.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com.