Teacher Education Advisory Council
The Teacher Education Advisory Council (TEAC) is organized for the purpose of improving teacher preparation with primary emphasis on student teaching in all of its several dimensions.
The roles and functions of the council include the following:
- To serve as a forum for reviewing and acting upon recommendations submitted by participating districts, the university, the State Department of Education, or relevant professional organizations.
- To encourage innovative and experimental activities for the improvement of student teaching and teacher preparation.
- To exchange information about local district policies and practices, the university's program of teacher preparation, and regulations put forth by the State Department of Education and accreditation agencies.
- To maintain and reinforce personal and professional relationships.
- To assist the university in evaluation of its teacher preparation program.
For more information about TEAC at NMU, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
ED 586 Seminar For Supervision Of Student Teaching (Syllabus)