Applying for an Internship
When to apply for an internship?
- Criminal justice internships are usually arranged one semester prior to the actual start of the internship.
- Contact the criminal justice internship coordinator for details early to start the application process.
How to apply for an internship?
- Complete the Criminal Justice Internship Application form and print it out.
- Download a copy of your most current transcripts from MyNMU and attach it to the application form.
- Prepare an up-to-date resume. (Assistance in preparing a resume is available from Career Services.)
- Contact the department secretary at 906-227-2660 to make an appointment to discuss your internship with the internship coordinator.
- Bring the completed application form, your transcripts and resume to the appointment with the internship coordinator.
If you qualify for an internship:
- The internship coordinator will arrange the internship with the agency of your choice during the semester of your choice.
- You will be referred to a contact person at the agency to work out the specific details of your internship (starting dates, work schedule, assignments, etc.).
After you begin work at your internship agency:
- You will submit daily journals to the internship coordinator for each 40-hour period that you work at the agency.
When you have completed your hours at the agency:
- You will prepare a final paper describing your internship experience.
- The internship coordinator will establish your deadline for the final paper.
- The internship coordinator will send an evaluation form to the agency to describe your performance as an intern.