Criminal Justice Internship Program
Kevin Waters, Ph.D.
Department of Criminal Justice
Northern Michigan University
113 Gries Hall
1401 Presque Isle Avenue
Marquette, MI 49855
What is a criminal justice internship?
- A planned program of observation, study and work in criminal justice agencies. The experience supplements your classroom study with constructive participation in the criminal justice system and broadens the educational experience by giving you an opportunity to work closely with practitioners in the field.
What can I gain from a criminal justice internship?
- First-hand knowledge about the field of criminal justice you would like to enter.
- An opportunity to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom to a professional field setting.
- Useful criminal justice experience that can improve your employment potential after graduation.
- The chance to explore possible career choices.
- Valuable references from professionals in the field.
- An opportunity to develop new job-related skills.
- Contacts at an agency at which you would like to work.
- Chance to learn of job openings in your field.