News - Office of the President
- July 3, 2014Jurmu Receives NMU ScholarshipJessica Jurmu of Baraga is the recipient of the Margaret Kay Lundin Nursing Scholarship at NMU.
- June 24, 2014NMU Board Approves Additional Funds for Faculty Retirement PlanThe NMU Board of Trustees in a special meeting today approved an additional $500,000 to fund the voluntary Faculty Early Retirement Incentive Program
- August 21, 2013Haynes Calls NMU a 'Smart Investment'In his fall convocation, NMU President David Haynes said NMU is a “smart investment” all aroundfor students and their families, donors, communities, government and public/private partners.
- May 15, 2012NMU Board Formally Approves Interim PresidentThe NMU Board of Trustees voted 6-2 in favor of officially seating David Haynes as the university’s interim president at a special meeting this afternoon.
- May 10, 2012NMU'S LES WONG ACCEPTS PRESIDENCY AT SFSUNMU President Les Wong announced today that he has accepted the presidency at San Francisco State University (SFSU) in California.
- May 10, 2012NMU Board Names Haynes PresidentDavid Haynes has been appointed the 14th president of NMU by the NMU Board of Trustees, effective Monday, May 14.
- November 23, 2011NMU President Holds ForumNMU President Les Wong has scheduled a campus forum at 3 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 30, in 102 Jamrich Hall. The public is invited.