There is a Canpus workstation located in Learning Resources 112 where DVD and VHS footage can be converted to digital media.
- If you were issued a Lenovo T420 or SL410, a firewire card adaptor is available at the station to connect to the Canpus converter.
- There are two sizes of firewire cables connected to a Canpus converter. Use the one that fits the size of your firewire port.
- Turn on the Samsung TV and Sony DVD/VHS player.
- Insert the non-copyrighted DVD or VHS videotape into the Sony combo player.
- If using a Lenovo ThinkPad laptop, run the software called Windows Live Movie Maker. This software is used to create your digital video file.
Windows Live Movie Maker Tutorial
Notice Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be "used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research." If photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.