[Cat Career Tracks]
Working part-time while you pursue your degree is an excellent way to earn money. It also allows you to develop skills and a work history that will be important once you graduate from NMU. In addition to part-time jobs, Career Services receives thousands of full-time job postings each year for NMU graduates to consider.
Cat Career Tracks allows you to easily search through these full-time and part-time jobs, 24/7.
First-Time Cat Career Tracks Users:
- Head to the log in page: http://www.myinterfase.com/NMU/student
- Username: NMU Username
Password: Birthdate (MM/DD/YYYY format – you must include the slashes)
- Complete any missing profile information. (If you have one, you may upload your resume at this time.)
- We recommend that you change your password after your first login. (My Account > My Profile > Edit)
[Spotting a Scam]
In the NMU Career Services office, we do our best to screen each job posting for legitimacy. However, job scammers get more creative every day, and some may slip past us. As you are conducting your job search, please be alert and use the following as guidelines to keep your personal and financial information safe and confidential.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- A little research goes a long way. Visit the company website, and perform a web search of the company name and other information listed to see if information is returned regarding known scams. Is the same position listed elsewhere online, and on the company’s official website?
- Are you able to speak with anyone in the organization? Is the phone number consistent with the address location; does the email address seem official or is it a personal account?
- Do not provide any financial information when applying for a job; this includes any bank account information or credit card numbers. There should be no requests for money or fees associated with a job application.
- Withhold your social security number and other personal identification information until you are certain the job offer is legitimate.
- Be very skeptical of job offers that do not include an interview of some kind.
- If you feel that a job posting is a scam, please contact us.
For more information on how to spot job scams, please visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website here: http://ftc.gov/jobscams or read this article on Job-Hunt.org: http://www.job-hunt.org/onlinejobsearchguide/job-search-scams.shtml
Download a Resource Guide for Internships, Co-Ops and Summer Jobs.
Visit Pure Michigan Talent Connect to view jobs in Michigan.
To search open positions in Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota, visit www.michiganjobnetwork.com
Interested in international teaching? Visit www.teachanywhere.com
Please Note: Students are permitted to work only 20 hours per week during the academic year if they work on campus.
[Jobs at NMU]
Career opportunities at Northern Michigan University are coordinated by the Human Resources Department. Individuals interested in working at NMU are encouraged to visit Human Resources’ Employment Opportunities page. Questions about these jobs should be directed to Human Resources at: (906) 227-2330 or firstname.lastname@example.org