"MUTT" is intended for mature audiences. Parental discretion is advised.
"MUTT" was shot entirely in the Upper Peninsula and features all local actors. The film follows Meda Paavola, a young woman who is half Finnish and half Native American, as she struggles to find love and her own identity in a multi-cultural world. Meda's mother died when she was very young and she has been raised entirely by her Finnish family with almost no exposure to Native American culture. That changes when she meets and falls in love with Neil, a young Native American man who lives on a nearby reservation. Tensions arise when Meda's white family has trouble adjusting to her newly rediscovered roots and Neil's traditional Native family rejects Meda as a half-breed and not a member of their tribe. Will Meda and Neil's love be enough to overcome the prejudice shared by these families or will it destroy the young couple?
Most Popular Events
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016
- RIVALRY WEEK: Win reserved glass seats plus Zamboni ride! 11:00 am
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Friday, October 28, 2016
- Digigogy: Toward a Pedagogy of Connection 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016
- Culture Presentation: Bangladesh 3:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 08, 2017
- Summer Employment Fair 1:00 pm