Intro to Home Brewing Workshop at the Beaumier Center
Saturday, June 28, 2014
The Beaumier Upper Peninsula Heritage Center, located on Northern Michigan University's campus, is hosting a FREE workshop on Saturday, June 28th at 1pm. In this introduction to home brewing, hobbyist James Shefchik will take you through the basics of the processes of this craft and the tools of the trade. He will provide guidance and information for the beginner home brewer, so if you have been interesting in trying out this hobby, this workshop is designed to help you. After the demonstration, James will be happy to answer any questions you may have about how to get started with this hobby or about the presentation. Light refreshments will be provided.
This program is in conjunction with the Beaumier Center's current exhibition, "What's On Tap: Brewing in the Upper Peninsula." This student created exhibition is the result of over 4 months work by Beaumier Center assistants Courtney Herber, Gabby Hoffman and Adam Papin. On display from April 19th through September 6th, this exhibit will take visitors on a walk-through of brewing in the UP, starting in the 1850's and exploring the legacy that has led up to today's modern breweries. Brewing, and drinking, beer has been a part of the social experience of living and working in the UP since the days of mining and beyond. From the saloons of yesterday to today's modern brewpubs and hobby brewing, we explore the lives of the people involved in creating a driving force of social life in the UP: beer. On display will be photos, historic breweriana, and modern brewers telling their stories in their own words.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Friday, July 29, 2016
- NMU Alumni Wine Tasting Event at Bullfrog Creek Vineyard Hosted 5:00 am
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Construction Management and Engineering Technology Career Fair 1:00 pm